View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 03:24 PM   #129 (permalink)
tjlazer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z34, R35
tjlazer is just really nicetjlazer is just really nicetjlazer is just really nicetjlazer is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to tjlazer Send a message via MSN to tjlazer Send a message via Yahoo to tjlazer

While I had some time with my front tire install I put the Z on jack stands. (while I took wheels to get tires swapped) Was able to fix the front fender liners to make them fit with the front Nismo bumper. All I had to do was cut a small notch on the end to make them fit over the Nismo corners. This will work ok so you don't need to buy the "Nismo" fender liners. They are just $60 so if you are OCD you can just buy them! (I had them just on the outside of the fender liners as they would not fit properly behind)

While up in the air, time to get the HIDs and parking lights swapped for 6,000K's! (Yes I like to consolodate tasks when doing mods my car!)

Parking lights went in no problem! HID's, not so much.

Popped back the fender liner (which I had to do anyway for the mod above.) And removed the HID covers. Took my time and removed the bulbs. Swapped them over and was done. When I put everything back together I found out later that night and next morning that one bulb was not turning on. I found out that I had to turn off then back on the lights to get it to stay on. Searching the forum I would out others had the same problem. Bad bulb. Since I had bought these online A YEAR AGO I could not return them! So off I go buy another set. Next set came in and they turned out to be a little less white/blue. More like 5,000K. Not happy. Back they go. I had to go through 4 sets of bulbs! One was a SCAM PHILIPS BULB set from fleaBay...

It wouldn't be so bad if it was easy to install the HID bulbs in the 370. But I found out you do not need to remove the front wheels if you put the front end on jack stands. Just turn the wheels all the way to one side to flip back the fender liners. Then you can get access behind. But BE CAREFUL when you unclip the metal retainer as you WILL snap the CHEAP *** NISSAN PLASTIC clips! WTF

OK so I ended up with some HIDs from theretrofitsource. Did not want to spend $300 for real Philips HID bulbs. That's just way too much.

I got the D2S: Morimoto 3Five (35w) for $45 shipped.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...oducts_id=1250

Last edited by tjlazer; 07-20-2012 at 03:36 PM.
tjlazer is offline   Reply With Quote