View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
ratlhead
Base Member

Drives: 2016 BMW 340i Auto
ratlhead is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1600 View Post
What is the money factor and residual value? I am looking at a Lexus (which has better resale) for around the same price, payment is in the 3s with $5000 down. It seems too high. With 0% financing, you might as well buy an invoice and finance it. I don't know why you would lease.
Well like I mentioned, I don't think I want the car long term. 36 months makes the most sense for me at this point.

I haven't been supplied the money factor and residual value yet. They want me to come in to go over the numbers. Last night, the only thing they did was pressure me with monthly payment numbers - not negotiate a sale price or anything else - and try to not let me leave without signing. I left.

If I do this, I'm making the cash piece of the deal go away at a minimum, or I walk out, as w0rM suggests. Even though with my average credit I can't qualify for the 0% deals, I still think the $5k trade in should cover everything and get me near $400/mo. They're trying to say that's impossible.

w0rM, given it's a lease, I wouldn't want to add a bunch of stuff to a car I don't own, so I'd rather it come with everything already.

Last edited by ratlhead; 07-20-2012 at 03:21 PM.
ratlhead is offline   Reply With Quote