View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 02:37 PM   #494 (permalink)
FromG2Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 5.0, kona, 6MT
FromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey View Post
I rip on the SRA on the Mustang not because it's a SRA, but more in the sense that you CAN tell it's a SRA (unlike what some magazine reviews would lead you to believe) if you have ever drive a car with a SRA before. Many reviewers have commented they "wouldn't even have known" and I just don't believe that.

There are some transitions where, with the Panhard setup, you can feel it "hop" sideways and I didn't like the floaty feel before the chassis would set in transitions. But it puts the power down well and it does OK. It's awesome for what it is, and damned good regardless of what it is.

In other words I wouldn't necessarily count it as a strike against the car, especially if you are interested in drag racing. And as far a straight roads with bumps/ruts etc. I didn't really find it any worse than any other fairly stiff-spring car, IRS or not.
2012 5.0 GT Prem, Kona Blue, 6MT, HID, Brembo, 3.73 -- Ordered: 9/20/11, Born on: 10/20/11, Delivered 11/15/11"Marilyn" GT500 mufflers/flaps, MGW shifter, FRPP K springs, BMR panhard bar, Boss coil covers, 3DC spoiler, Llumar Tint (35% and 20%), 3M ClearBra
FromG2Z is offline   Reply With Quote