View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 10:22 AM   #218 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Just throwing in some input on Z performance, I know the Z isnt the fastest or best handling car out there but... it's point and shoot handling, fast acceleration and impeccable cornering are a great combination. The Z feels very poised with the vdc on. VDC off and the Z is a bucking sliding bronco that is dangerously fun to drive and this mode should only be used by experienced drivers on a closed road. Though the Z sounds and interior arent refined. i find the performance to feel like more money was put into making this car handle like a light sports car and accelerate like a muscle car. its not the best or the fastest of either. But in combination... no muscle car compares to its handling and no light sports car compares in power except maybe a lotus. Again, you are spending a lot more money to get that combination and for the lotus to be better as a light sports car. Only the porsche cayman is more refined at doing the same thing. Again, its double the money.
In spite of needing an aftermarket oil cooler, motul rbf 600 brake fluid, brake cooler and upgraded pads as standard first mods. The z is highly capable and i think its a lot og bang for the buck. Nearly i year owning my 11 and a few months on my 09 and i cant say im the least bit tired of my car.
The Z isn't without needing $3000 just to fix flaws and make improvements such as upgrading brakes, refining suspension and needing an cooling in a couple of areas before even touching the motor... Once addressed, this car is wicked.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote