View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 09:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

This article completely blew me away when it came out. I have driven the mustang 5.0, Evo and own a Z. While the Evo and Z for me are a toss up... I find the mustang to be capable but not as well poised as the Z. Maybe its driving style, tastes or whatever. I felt the Z to have the best median of power handling and fun to drive factor... as far as brake fade... I put my brakes through hell on the street and off road. I never felt any fade unless I spend an unusually long time beating them up... Now I have upgraded rotors, pads lines and fluid. My brakes are near indestructable... when I get the stillen brake cooling kit I I'm sure endurance will improve.

Car and driver has always belittled nissan products. Its strange because they are the first to hype them up and the first to nitpick on things that 75% of the owners can't find. The only issue on the Z that holds true is starvation and limp mode. And I never had starvation issues... there's just been enough of our brothers that have exposed the problem to acknowledge it.