View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 09:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
lacarnut
Base Member

Drives: 2011 Infiniti G37-
lacarnut is on a distinguished road

Get on the internet and check out web sites like autotrader, cars.com. I purchased two Z's out of state and got killer deals on both. Wait till the 2013start arriving. You should be able to get the car you are looking for a little below dealer's cost. The dealer makes over a thousand bucks if he sells it at his cost because of the 3% mfg. hold back. Every once in a while the mfg will juice up the deals and give the dealer a coupon worth a couple of thousand dollars provided there are a bunch of them for sale. The 2008 Z I bought had a $2500 rebate to the dealer. These discounts are not advertised nor will most dealers tell you unless that vehicle has been sitting on the lot for a long time. Another good time to buy a vehicle is toward the end of the month or at the end of the year. Dealers get kickbacks from the mfg. if they sell so many cars in a month/year.

You gotta be patient and not get in any hurry. Falling in love with the car at first sight will wind up not being to your advantage. I like dealing with people over the internet. Salesman are nothing but order takers who have to go thru the sales manager and sometimes thru the general manager. A waste of my time.

Last edited by lacarnut; 07-19-2012 at 09:10 PM.
lacarnut is offline   Reply With Quote