View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 08:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
evoAXE
Banned

Drives: evoX & 370z
evoAXE will become famous soon enough
Default 370z...best handling car available?

Kind of an interesting read. Apologies if this has been posted before. I searched and did not see anything.

Best-Handling Car For Less Than $40,000: 370Z vs. Evo, Mustang GT, GTI, Miata, Mini JCW - Feature - Car and Driver

Couple of curious quotes

Quote:
But midcorner bumps upset the multilink rear end.
but they don't have the same complaint about the mustang

Quote:
But great capability doesn’t necessarily  translate into great handling.

And that braking feat comes with a caveat: The Z exhibited the worst fade in our standard five-stop, 70-to-0-mph braking test. Twenty-nine feet separated its shortest stops from the longest, and the Z’s brakes proved to be the car’s Achilles’ heel.
sounds like more of the same BS from when they tried to explain why they wrecked a NISMO. Somehow the mustang stopped 12 feet faster on the first stop, which doesn't make any sense with the puny rear brakes it has.

Quote:
Remove the Stang’s horsepower advantage by cutting the straights out of a lap, and the Nissan is even with the Ford. It accomplishes this, in large part, thanks to its accurate, predictable, and well-weighted steering.
I don't understand how they couldn't get a 370z to handle better than a mustang. I have driven both and the 370z handles WAY BETTER

I always knew Car and Driver was biased, but somehow they overheated the car WITH AN OIL COOLER and overheated $600 NISMO brakes pads... sounds like they just want an excuse....