View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 03:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
370Z Purist
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z-T BS M6
370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red__Zed View Post
Upon rereading, it does sound a lot like that was the single excuse as why I couldn't come in. Which is terrible. This thread is just a rant though. Not even a good one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKYStormFront View Post
i once worked at a top shelf restaurant in my hometown in NC. i enjoy talking to and meeting new people and liked that aspect of the job but i wasn't a very good waiter i'll admit. i did my work, i only got pennies for my time it felt like (i did have a few good tip nights but they were few and far between). i was in college at the same time which made studying and class work hard to deal with. many nights i'd go straight from school to the restaurant (just down the road) and not get home till 1 or 2 AM and have to be back at 8 AM for classes the next morning. well, i probably worked there for two months or so, maybe three, and i go into work one day to take a quick test on a new menu change and my boss just says "don't worry about the test, just take your things and go". i was like no warning, no discussion, no recourse. just fired. like i said, i know i was not perfect but i never heard any complaints and the only "mistakes" i made were typically ones the kitchen made getting orders wrong. i'm pretty sure it was more personal than anything.

now i look back and laugh... i'm less than 1/2 his age and probably make at least 2x what he did at the time. so he can take the closest available large kitchen utensil and shove it up his *** as far as i'm concerned
Your experience reminds me of my friend's father who was terminated without given reason because the business quoted "employed at will." He got a measly severance. Turns out the business ended up going through his work computer and finding several of his personal projects which ended up as their new products. You can only imagine how angry he must have been.

"Since one of my brake light bulbs just went out, the forum told me that my piston rings are about to blow."