View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 02:04 PM   #217 (permalink)
speedfreek
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 370Z PW 6sp
speedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant future

I think you all are getting to caught up in this being Daniel-san and Mr. Miagi type martial arts. These are regular people who chose MMA as a lucrative business to compete in with their talents...some more than others. All walks of life are getting into the sport...so to not like someone cuz they cultivate some alter ego or naturally like to trash talk is one thing but it will never be a "true" martial arts contest in that sense. They have those martial arts displays where they break boards and stuff.

But Silva got heated and went off it happens. He showed his class at the end of the fight when he congratulated Sonnen for the fight and said that even though he said all that crap Brazil still loved him or something to that effect...I had been drinking a few and can't remember exactly how he phrased it so sue me. But you get the point. Sonnen also congratulated Silva. Sonnen uses his mouth to make him more money. You know how many more people bought that fight to see if he could beat Silva after all that trash talk and hype. Sadly it didn't live up to the hype of the first one but that is not the point. Silva and the UFC profited off of Sonnen's ability to trash talk and to do it quite well.

Last edited by speedfreek; 07-19-2012 at 02:08 PM.
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote