Thread: KW Variant 3?
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 11:11 PM   #58 (permalink)
bmarcinczyk14
Track Member

Drives: 2010 370z 6spd Sport
bmarcinczyk14 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slow370 View Post
When the sponsors who happen to own shops that do nothing but make cars perform better tell you something without them saying oh hey buy my w/e, SHUT UP AND LISTEN THEN STOP ASKING THE SAME QUESTION. Who gives a fart what it's called it involves a spring, a shock, some aluminum bits shaped like arms, and anytime you improve a piece of it it's going to handle better unless it says nismo on it because they failed on the 370z(rare for them).

I'll say it again because you're going to ask again, Coilovers literaly means having the coil over the shock absober. In the aftermarket and suspension world it refers to an adjustable unit that contains a spring on a shock most often used for racing and lowering.

Your sentra had coilovers too technically. They were arranged as a macpherson strut which just means that the shock body was used as the upper suspension link thats all.

You are stuck thinking that "double wishbone" involves arms shaped like turkey bones. True this is normally what the term double wishbone references like on an s2000. The 370z stuff does not again fit the literal use of the term but it is (proof enough is that Nissan hasn't been sued for saying it). The lower arm is questionable in my opinion to me it looks like a fancy version of the one off my old beretta, but that is only because the wheel is at least twice as large as the one on the beretta so the arm had to be squished a little on the sides into a wierd shape but it's still a whishbone.

The front on a 350z is a multi-link setup in a wishbone configuration. the reason it handles worse is complex as the 370 is lighter, has a lower center of gravity, wider, the tires are wider, the wheelbase is shorter, and all of that affects handling so if you want to find out whats better or worse why don't you go out and buy a 350z and shove 370z suspension into it somehow and then you'll have your answer.

The KW's are amazing stuff simply because they work so well with the rest of the car and cost way more than the nissan stuff(production cost as I'm sure nissan will still rape for the stock stuff) so more features and quality can be added to them. Would you pay an extra $9,000 for the car if nissan developed and gave you damptronic stuff for it? Hell no thats why stock stuff is simple.
why do you say nismo failed on the 370z?
bmarcinczyk14 is offline   Reply With Quote