View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 01:15 PM   #85 (permalink)
Scribe
Base Member

Drives: Touring-Sport-Manual
Scribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPenvy View Post
I'm interested in this too since I only have ran 93 octane through my car and plan on continuing to do that after I would do a TT kit
My comment below isn't directed at you specifically, but is more of a generalization.

Running 93 won't be an issue as long as you are willing to keep the boost down to safe levels. The advantage you will see with 93 octane is a safer margin against detonation which is well worth losing a few inches in the pissing contest of dyno numbers. Just because you can turn the boost way up doesn't mean it makes sense. That's why I dislike the larger turbo kits for an unmodified VQ37. I don't need a huge turbo since I can't push more than 550whp anyway. I'll take the quicker spool all day over bragging rights about how much power two giant turbos could make.

Now if you are looking to future-proof your build, buying the larger kit may make sense. I would still argue there's tons of usable power left on the table with these turbos if you threw in beefier rods and lowered the compression.