View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 04:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
lilmZkris
Base Member

Drives: 11 370z Touring 6MT
lilmZkris is on a distinguished road

I wear jeans in the car, and yes, you do get dye transfer. Especially on the side bolster closest to the door, as thats where you slide into/out of the car. I got most of the dye off using water and a microfiber cloth, but it still bothers me that it has a slight blue tint to it. I havent had any dye transfer to the suede part yet (*knock on wood*) but the dealer told me that using a mild, CLEAR, dish soap will get out most stains on the suede. They said to mix dish soap and water and pat it onto the stain using your finger and then pat dry with a microfiber cloth. They also said DO NOT RUB about 20 times. I guess that must be important. Seeing as how I drive my dog in the car, I'm sure I'll have something nasty on the suede soon enough. I'll update with my results.

*Edit* I had the dealer do some sort of interior/exterior sealant on the car when I bought it, which basically means I paid them $500 to scotchguard my seats. That may be why it is easy to remove most of the dye with just water.
lilmZkris is offline   Reply With Quote