View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 03:52 PM   #31 (permalink)
DYNAZOR
Base Member

Drives: '15 370Z Solid Red
DYNAZOR will become famous soon enoughDYNAZOR will become famous soon enough

OK, it's been about 5 months since I put the "Y BUYBMW" plate on my car. No BMW drivers giving me the finger, or challenging me to a race, or blowing my doors off, or telling me "Because I can afford it".

In fact, not a single overt reaction to the plate from any BMW drivers at all. The only indications I received from anyone (except for the comments from friends) was from a young kid driving a brand new Nissan pickup; I suspect he was the lot boy for the Nissan dealer just up the street from where I saw him and was just returning from the car wash and/or gas station because the truck was dripping wet. He was laughing and shaking his head up and down in agreement, or perhaps he was just laughing at me. The only other reaction was from a bunch of high school kids riding in a brand new high-end Volvo who gave me a thumbs up when they went by, maybe they were just playing with me.

I just ordered new plates for the Z, not because of any reactions to the old plate, but because of what poster JeffBlue said earlier: " theres a difference between saying 'what i have is awesome' and 'what you have sucks'" I've given that statement a lot of thought and agree with him. Even though it was not my intent to say "your car sucks", I agree that that's how it would be taken by some people.

So the Y BUY plates will soon be gone and replaced with the ones described in the picture below. Unfortunately this message, which shouldn't be offensive to anybody, is necessarily a little cryptic as the plates with similar messages were already taken. Does anyone know what it is supposed to be saying?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg z-plate.jpg (156.5 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg new_plate.jpg (17.9 KB, 11 views)
DYNAZOR is offline   Reply With Quote