View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 05:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
christian370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370Z/Saab 900se
christian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond repute
Default 370Z to 996 Turbo

So I've been toying with the idea of selling the Z at some point this year and moving on to something else. I love my Z and it's almost exactly how I want to set it up, but I wish it felt a bit more special at times as it is incredibly effective at achieving a high level of performance and precision but isn't the most communicative at times.

I've always loved any 911 turbo, especially the 993 Turbo I used to detail for a client. It was midnight blue, tan interior and the 6mt and he would let me drive it once in a while... That was an amazing car. But they are way too expensive for what they are in my opinion, almost rivaling some earlier 997 turbos in price which is kind of crazy.

So I had been wanting a 996 Turbo for a while and you can find a number of them for the mid to low $30k range. I got an offer from my local Nissan dealership to buy my Z ($30k without even negotiating), which just goes to show how strong resale is on the Z!

Things I'm looking for:

-Back seats (even if they are barely usable, want them just in case of a pinch)
-Reliability (996Ts are very reliable if all problem areas are addressed)
-Driving experience (love the way it feels to drive a Porsche)
-Huge power potential
-Looks

What do you all think about my thoughts on the 996 Turbo? If anyone has experience or some good points on what to look for when buying one, please post up. :hattip: TIA!
SP Rays -- RE-11s -- SpecialtyZ Tune -- Swift Springs -- Stillen 25R Oil Cooler -- Stillen G3 Intakes -- Berk HFCs -- F.I. 12" CBE -- Stillen Sway Bars -- Es14 Spring -- INGS+1 lip -- CF Spoiler -- GTR Start Button -- VLED Parking Lights -- PWJDM V2 shift knob
christian370z is offline   Reply With Quote