View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 02:44 PM   #194 (permalink)
Alstann
Track Member

Drives: 12 PW 370z 6MT Sport
Alstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by FringeXVO View Post
The rivets are necessary. The outer section could be welded to the inner, but that forces everything to be plain stainless. The only way we can make these tips available in two tone color is to use a two piece design that allows for each colored section to be powdercoated separately, then fixed together using a method that will not destroy the coating...hence the rivets. Due to the electro-magnetic properties of the powdercoating process, simply powdering a finished tip limits us to a certain few powders like all flat black, which tends to hide the detail and precision that goes into each of the tips. Not a single customer has ended up getting them in all flat black for that very reason. Most powders will not go through the small gap between each fin because of the magnetism.

The silver outer and black inner is the "Sentinel Steel" variant. If you haven't seen the "Phantom Black" sets for the r35 then you are missing out, cause they are subtle yet sexy, and one of my personal favorites. "Phantom Black" is flat black outer with a high gloss black inner.

As far as other combinations go, well, the world is your oyster. I'm still waiting for someone to do something flashy, like color match the calipers with the inner section. Eventually the inner part of the inner section will be carbon black from the exhaust, leaving only the tubing visible through the fin gaps to show the accent color that matches the calipers. I think that could look totally bad ***. Most people just tend to ask me what they should get though. I give people choices, and they just give it back to me, lol.

I will be sending these off to get quoted in the next couple of days and then I will have hard price numbers. Give me a week or two.
I'd love to see some high res photographs of the finished, powercoated tips in both Sentinel Steel and the Phantom Black. I'm trying to decide a color for my Pearl White Z! Such a hard decision, haha. Maybe even a crazy color combo, such like a white outer with a black inner section. Mmm.

Looking forward to the hard pricing. Maybe a discount for the first few peeps?

Like wheee said, thanks so much for coming through and making the tips. I'm glad I could help you out with the measurements, I can't wait to have a truly unique-looking rear end!