View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 08:59 AM   #368 (permalink)
TVez
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z 6MT
TVez is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Sports View Post
Sorry bro but in this instance Get what you pay for did NOT apply. A simple $40 spring solved the ills of this clutch peddle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 370Z Purist View Post
Less is more. The adjustable pedal is just meant to extend the window of the engagement window given by the master cylinder by changing the angle of operation of the clutch pedal. It's mostly meant for people with extremely grabby clutches that still need to be streeted, i.e. clutches that are like an on-off switch. <500 torques need not apply. People with unsprung six puck drag clutches, maybe and probably. Someone with a 800 rwhp Z and using some insane multiplate clutch or a super grabby, unsprung disc with a super high clamp force plate would definitely need something like this, unless they just get a really really nice clutch with a different master cylinder.
Have either of you actually driven a 350Z or 370Z with the RJM Pedal Mod installed???? Because I couldn't disagree with you guys more.

I had done the simple spring mod and adjusted the clutch rod as soon as I got my 370Z back in May. It made it feel better but certainly not a night&day difference and you still have to work for those smooth shifts. My former daily driver was an 07HR 350Z that I owned since new so I know how to drive these cars well and what they feel like when modded with the previously available DIY's

I installed the RJM pedal assembly last weekend and all I can say is it's the best $$$ I've ever spent on a mod. After having driven with it for a week I'd of happily paid double what it cost me as RJM is selling these stupid cheap for the amount of engineering that went into the design, complex fabrication and the quality of the product. The difference in clutch feel is phenomenal. My 2010Z is still running the factory clutch. Stock clutches and less then 500HP definitely DO apply. The RJM kits have a huge following over on my350z and I've never seen a review thread with so many ridiculously positive comments from well respected members. Also looking over there probably about half of those reviews are from guys fed up with their stock or other mild clutches (JWT etc)

This is a case where you simply don’t what you’ve been missing until you’ve driven one.

Last edited by TVez; 07-14-2012 at 10:19 AM.
TVez is offline   Reply With Quote