View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 02:42 PM   #2266 (permalink)
ZMan8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 10 370z 40th M6
ZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacCool View Post
9mm striker-fired semi-automatic like a Glock 26, 19, 17, or a Smith and Wesson M&P 9c, 9 or 9L/Pro depending on whether you intend to carry it. I'm not a huge fan of Glocks, mainly for their aesthetics, but there is no denying that they are well-designed, rugged handguns that are simple to maintain and shoot, and they are cost-effective. 9mm is the way to go - low recoil, ammo is cheap and available.

There are many, many, many excellent handguns out there, most of the good ones between $700 and $1000. Glocks and M&Ps, at ~$500, are a bargain as defensive firearms.

Please do not try to teach yourself how to shoot your new firearm, and please do not rely only on the instruction course required for your handgun or concealed-carry permit. Get additional training that focuses on how to use a firearm effectively and how to take care of it. THEN go out to the range and shoot it and practice with it. A lot.

As a size reference, M4A1Mustang posted above, what appear to be a Glock 26, Glock 19, Glock 17.
Well we have no concealed weapon law so the gun must stay at home or taken to a range. Thanks for the suggestions.

Don't worry I will not be "teaching myself" I want to get good training for all aspects of shootong, owning, maintaining guns

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2