Thread: 370Z's and E85?
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 02:27 PM   #39 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyBobo View Post
Thanks for the insight on the fuel system, Phunk - I was going off of assumptions as far as the fuel pump, but if you're running it now, cool.

Thanks for also reinforcing my feelings that an N/A E85 370 is silly :-p
Well... I cannot say for sure if the factory fuel pump will be able to keep up in volume with E85, but I predict that it will. I am personally running an Aeromotive 340lph fuel pump upgrade inside the stock fuel pump housing... my car is twin turbo and there was no chance the stock pump was going to keep up, especially with E85.

But based on some hear-say I have come across with people who have tested the limits of the stock fuel pump in higher HP scenarios, I think there is a good chance it will be able to keep up with a NA E85 car.