View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #716 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Strata View Post

I must be getting jacked on my quotes. I was curious about having my wheels and door handles color matched to my car. $1000, provided I take the wheels and door handles off the car for them. I also decided to find out about tinting my rear windows and a very light tint to my tail lights. $600. So any DIY stuff like Plasti Dip wins out IMO. The only thing I don't like is the feel on the door handles, too plasticy (That's not a word but you know what I'm getting at).

FYI for anyone doing this, make sure you start EARLY in the day if you're going to do your wheels as it will take several hours and painting in the dark SUCKS.
No you are definitely getting ripped off there. There was a local member who wanted to get his door handles painted so he bought an extra set and gave it to the body shop, who did it for like $100-200 I think. I had my tail lights tinted with vinyl for $100 and then later had them painted for the same amount by a body shop. There was a slight discount for the tail lights, but I don't think it should be more than around $150-200 or so if you take them out of the car and give them to the shop. If the shop is going to have to do labor to take them out and put them back in, it's a different story, but still seems pricey even with labor.
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote