View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 12:45 PM   #124 (permalink)
370Z Purist
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z-T BS M6
370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by '10Anamoly View Post
Wrong side of the bed today and yesterday? All we are looking for a comparison to the highest power intake out there (Stillens) so we have a reason to buy another set. By your logic, if the 2-3 mystical horsepower doesnt matter, then everyone who has intakes is now off of Akuma's market unless a one-piece design (Nismo, AEM, etc) is desired. I assume they would still want people with intakes to be candidate customers though so the comparison would likely benefit sales. That mystical 2-3hp (which is just your guess anyways) being useless would also negate the reasoning for them making an intake and a corresponding fuel adjustment tune, since it apparently is not worthwhile to go for. I disagree with your logic all around actually. Some people have the funds to buy better parts but we want proof first. Other non-intake owners want to know what the best intake is before the buy, yet another reason to have the comparison.

Aside from horsepower, what I am actually curious about is how the power band changes, not the top end 2-3 hp you speak of. For us bench racers, power under the curve is the most important. Given that we know porting the throttle bodies out added more power (5-6hp at the wheels) I am curious to see how much more flow this engine wants.

Have some coffee, life is good, relax.
Indeed, I imagine the lack of a neckdown will open up lower end torques.

"Since one of my brake light bulbs just went out, the forum told me that my piston rings are about to blow."