View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 11:31 AM   #605 (permalink)
cavemancan
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z TourSport MT
cavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamu View Post
...you think? Lol! And to get that 53 47 you have to run full tank of gas and have spare. And then Nissan used boat anchor mufflers, heavy steel brackets, etc in rear.

Don't forget light weight fly wheel and clutch. That's huge. PPE long tube headers, Lots of weight with aluminum hat front rotors, lightweight pulleys, lose stock coolant over flow tank, nismo guys lose the yamaha chassis damper, replace steel nuts bolts with titanium and nylon, cut redundant structure out of hood, pull hood support rod, pull all plastic crappage out of engine compartment, move battery to back, pull AC , pull heater core , get race focused brake and clutch pedal set with cylinders located on pedal cluster, z1 motor mounts, make sure your intake system is made from lightweight materials, convert to lightweight coilover with aluminum body dampers and narrow diameter spring, pin your hood and lose locking system, gut head lamps to bare necessities, drill holes in brackets, replace front mounted braces with lighter aluminum or chrome moly pieces, lose wiper washer canister, motor and all tubing up to the sprayers, pull lighter alternator, lighter starter?, lots of weight if you crack the motor open and start going after crank, pistons/rods, heads.

Things we can wish for. 5 lbs carbon fiber nose piece, carbon fiber under tray,
It's strange coming from a 50/50 car but the need to go faster was too great...LOL!

Ok so the highlighted items above are what I am interested in. You mentioned you did most of this stuff already? Any additional input would be awesome. Like pics if its custom or places to buy if its vendor related and what weight savings? As far as the brakes and battery I am already going that route.

Thanks for the reply!

Edit: I will be happy with a 150 lbs (100 lbs is prob more realistic) ish drop spread evenly accross the front and back but preferably more from the front (unrealistic). I say this so I don't have to worry to much about corner balancing the car (YET!) as I don't have coilovers (YET!). My goal is to shed weight from the front and put a wider tire in front with added camber (in front). Well wider tires all around but make it so the car is closer to squared out...Front 265 and rear 285. The requirement is the car must stay functional as a daily driver (I.E. AC).

Last edited by cavemancan; 07-13-2012 at 11:38 AM.
cavemancan is offline   Reply With Quote