View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 09:58 PM   #259 (permalink)
Nuki
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z Nismo
Nuki is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
Whats up with all these big trucks always trying to race? Tonight I was getting on the freeway and went immediately to the fast lane. This big redneck lifted dodge or ford diesel sped up and got right up my arse. He was driving the speed limit till I got in the fast lane and then he wanted to act stupid. So I sped up a little just to get him off my tail (he couldn't have been more than a couple feet from my bumper) and he proceeded to speed up and match me. So I turned on my turn signal to get in the right lane and as I was merging over he decides to go the same way around me, I had to jerk back into the fast lane. He speeds by also cutting off a few other people and starts weaving in and out of the lanes around people just to get ahead of the crowd. Like I said, he was driving normal till he saw my Nismo. I've seen a bunch of these types of trucks drive real aggressively on the freeway like these. Whats up with these guys?
I got this every now and then when I was in the 350Z. My best assessment comes down to guys with misguided "buy 'Merican, I hate dem dere rice burnin jap mobiles... Remember Pearl Harbor" douchebags that usually have some Penile length issues so they have to buy the biggest truck they can and jack it up to compensate. Cuz nothing takes away those insecurities like a big manly truck for all to see. These guys are usually mad haters when they see a vehicle of our type.

Seriously, this is why I have a CCW. You never know when one of them is going to take it further than just harassment while driving.

My apologies to all those with trucks here and aren't like this. I love me a nice truck and would have one any day of the week. I just never felt the need to compensate.
Nuki is offline   Reply With Quote