View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 01:57 PM   #180 (permalink)
speedfreek
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 370Z PW 6sp
speedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1adesofcha0s View Post
Condit said in an interview that the UFC hasn't contacted him about potentially fighting anyone else while he's waiting for GSP. I'm assuming they're just gonna wait and see how GSP's recovery goes. If everything's on track they'll have the fight in November. If it gets delayed then they'll probably have Condit fight for the interim title on the same card against someone else. I think Kampmann and Hendricks should fight to see who gets the next title shot after Condit vs GSP. Ellenberger just got KO'd by Kampmann so he definitely shouldn't be considered for a title shot.

GSP couldn't or wouldn't finish Koshcheck when he was fighting with basically one eye for the entire fight. He also looked like crap against Jake Shields in a fight he should have dominated and never be anywhere near that close. That's my biggest issue with GSP, he doesn't finish fights. Just lay and pray to get the judge's decision.
Crap I meant Kampmann. I think either Kampmann or Hendricks should get the fight against Condit for #1 contender. If Condit loses to either of those just means he would held the title for maybe one fight if he could even beat GSP. I will be pulling for Hendricks. Fear the Beard! I don't see why you ice the iterim belt. It is supposed to keep the weight class active with title fights. Then when the champ is healed he comes in and fights to unify the two belts. Condit requested to wait for GSP and so far they have accepted his wishes.

Thats why I hate GSP and Frankie Edgar. They win on points and never threaten to finish not even a glimpse. Instead in Edgar's case he is always threatened to be put away but has an iron chin or something and somehow out points the other fighter to win the decision or draw for the 100th time and beg for a rematch.
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote