View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 01:48 PM   #179 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
If there is one I want to see lose their reign more than Silva it is GSP. In his robot voice, " I was not impressed with your performance." I can't recall the last time his fights were exciting. I never buy a GSP card anymore if that tells you anything. What sucks is Condit is waiting to fight him instead of putting the interim belt on the line which is what it is designed to do. Instead both belts are iced until GSP heals and can fight maybe by December...maybe. IMO he should have to fight Jake Ellenberger for #1 contender status instead. I would rather see Ellenberger or Hendricks become #1 contender since we don't get to see Diaz fight GSP. Condit may have one on points with his hit and run technique but he definately never threatened Diaz. GSP is going to take Condit down and lay on him for 5 rounds.
Condit said in an interview that the UFC hasn't contacted him about potentially fighting anyone else while he's waiting for GSP. I'm assuming they're just gonna wait and see how GSP's recovery goes. If everything's on track they'll have the fight in November. If it gets delayed then they'll probably have Condit fight for the interim title on the same card against someone else. I think Kampmann and Hendricks should fight to see who gets the next title shot after Condit vs GSP. Ellenberger just got KO'd by Kampmann so he definitely shouldn't be considered for a title shot.

GSP couldn't or wouldn't finish Koshcheck when he was fighting with basically one eye for the entire fight. He also looked like crap against Jake Shields in a fight he should have dominated and never be anywhere near that close. That's my biggest issue with GSP, he doesn't finish fights. Just lay and pray to get the judge's decision.
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote