Thread: best shift knob
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 12:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoatw View Post
I have both PW (V2) and TWM (Piston)... I kept on using my TWM because it feels better and sits lower. However, TWM Piston doesn't look that good, it looks like a soda can...on the other hand, PW (V2) looks like a anal probe....
if between pw v1 and v2, i would do the v1 for sure. the v2 is just shaped wrong, imho. it looks nice and has good weight, but ergonimically while shifting into 2nd is questionable.

ive owned lots of knobs and tried them over the years on many different cars, but i keep coming back to type-r and desert eagle style knobs for ergonomics. if youre getting the type-r style knob for your z, definitely get the big type-r knob.

it has to do with the flat top and taper/radius where it meets the side of the knob. that angle is critical for shifts into 2nd gear.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote