View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 12:24 PM   #2232 (permalink)
xdeslitx
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Yaris
xdeslitx has a reputation beyond reputexdeslitx has a reputation beyond reputexdeslitx has a reputation beyond reputexdeslitx has a reputation beyond reputexdeslitx has a reputation beyond reputexdeslitx has a reputation beyond reputexdeslitx has a reputation beyond reputexdeslitx has a reputation beyond reputexdeslitx has a reputation beyond reputexdeslitx has a reputation beyond reputexdeslitx has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to xdeslitx Send a message via Yahoo to xdeslitx

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacCool View Post
The most famous problems were with the recoil springs on the Gen 4. Replacing them has pretty much fixed that problem, but the ejection problems remain. Randy Lee (Apex Tactical) has had hit-or-miss success with replacing the extractor relative to stopping the stovepipes, but the ultimate solution to kicking those casings well out to 4:00 where they belong appears to be lowering the ejection port too. He just moved Apex into a new facility and is still setting up so they're not doing any work just yet, but he's looking at developing a new machined extractor (instead of the current MIM version or the previous cast design - both of which have been problematic) as well as offering slide milling services.

I'm relatively new to Glocks but I confess I find the erratic ejection annoying. I don't get as worked up about it as some of the ninjas over at M4C, however, as long as its not associated with malfunction.
i dont know if this applies to glocks but from what ive seen in 1911s if you go with a lower weight recoil spring, it keeps the slide back longer when you fire.
shouldnt this have stopped the stovepipes?
im surprised changing the recoil spring didnt totally fix the stovepiping issues as well

im relatively new to all guns, just info ive heard and tried with my 1911 in competitions
xdeslitx is offline   Reply With Quote