Thread: Rough Day
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 12:15 PM   #77 (permalink)
dP3NGU1N
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 PW sport 6mt
dP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmike2780 View Post
It's counter intuitive, but in this situtation, I've been told you're suppose to take the best of the worst options... in which case should have been hitting the Camry or just staying in your lane. I know I sound like a Monday morning quarterback, but had you stayed in your lane, the impact could have been a lot less than hitting another car head on at 50 mph (100mph impact vs 50 mph impact). You're lucky he/she admitted fault because they could have easily claimed you lost control of your car and headed towards oncomming traffic.

Glad you're okay
Not to sound like a know it all or anything but fun fact: two cars in a head on collision both going 50mph does not result in a 100mph crash. Learned that from Mythbusters! With variations to velocity and mass of each car, the end result is that the two vehicle's momentum will cancel each other out.

Glad the OP got away with only minor injuries.
dP3NGU1N is offline   Reply With Quote