View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 11:26 AM   #581 (permalink)
cavemancan
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z TourSport MT
cavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post

- Yes, you can pull all the plastic crap out of the engine bay, it works fine. If you go the extra step of pulling the top edge stuff by the windshield you get some engine bay heat reduction to boot, but I wouldn't run like that on the street.

- Z1's undertrays are heavier than stock, which is going to add front weight. But they're still worth it IMHO, and since the weight is so low they probably shift CG down by a hair. Ditto for extended/baffled oil pans - you want them for other benefits, but dropped CG is a decent compromise for the added front weight.
Regarding the top edge plastics. Was the cooling measured? How do you know there is a cooling effect here? The reason I ask this is because by removing those plastics you are effectively turning that area into an air intake (think cowl induction).

What benefit do then undertrays offer? I've seen them but I did not read or notice any benefit that would cause me to buy one.

Thanks for the reply...I'm playing devils advocate for a reason I would hate to modify or purchase an aftermarket part only to negatively effect my plans for the car.