Thread: Starting Steps
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 10:11 AM   #10 (permalink)
ANMVQ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Q50 AWD
ANMVQ will become famous soon enoughANMVQ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMac88 View Post
I am by no means an expert. I just went with the flow when it came to cooling mods for my old car. The first thing i said to the guy here was to upgrade the exchanger. But it was always my understanding that while running a larger exchanger will cool off a larger amount of coolant at one time, your only combating half the problem. By adding a larger resesivor you now have a larger pool of coolant to draw from therefor having the overall temperature displaced over the greater amount of coolant keeping things cooler. When you look at the stillen tank, it looks smaller then a water bottle. The other advantage is having an icebox for track days.

My advice is to read on an svt forum, lots of info on there since they all run/start off with exchangers.

No thats exactly what I thought, an thanx for the info
But I will be trying to stay under the hood, I'm looking at areas where I could fit something, with the stock intake manifold gone I have some room on the drivers side of the car to work with, plus with my new vented hood the is a lot of air moving around in there so staying in that area will not be that bad,.