Thread: Starting Steps
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 09:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
JMac88
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 PW 370z
JMac88 will become famous soon enoughJMac88 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANMVQ View Post
What is the benifit of a larger coolant tank, Just that more coolant to flow would keep it cooler, I know it sounds dumb, But more to flow through the exchanged is a better way to keep things cool, Just like running a larger radiator? I will have to look and see where I could fit this, I found a lot on Ebay for like 150, Morroso and ETD motors.
I am by no means an expert. I just went with the flow when it came to cooling mods for my old car. The first thing i said to the guy here was to upgrade the exchanger. But it was always my understanding that while running a larger exchanger will cool off a larger amount of coolant at one time, your only combating half the problem. By adding a larger resesivor you now have a larger pool of coolant to draw from therefor having the overall temperature displaced over the greater amount of coolant keeping things cooler. When you look at the stillen tank, it looks smaller then a water bottle. The other advantage is having an icebox for track days.

My advice is to read on an svt forum, lots of info on there since they all run/start off with exchangers.