View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 12:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daishi View Post
I dont think its gear whine as it will go away as soon as i switch gears. it sounds like almost like my 07 civic si did when it had the 3rd gear issues. used to put it into gear used to let out the clutch and it would pop out of gear and grind.. maybe the gear isnt fully engaging? who knows its not a very harsh grind almost as if whatever is grinding has fine teeth you know? changing the MT fluid on my 07 civic si to amsoil fixed the issue entirely.. Im just trying to see if anyone else had this issue.. chances are if i bring it to the dealer they wont be able to replicate as its only happend a few times within the past 1000 miles. could it be fine and maybe its a fluke once in a while? dont know.
WIth that description I'd say that's a blown synchronizer...it'll have to be repaired...

I'd be careful with it, as they could potentially claim it as abuse/operator error and deny the claim.
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote