View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 09:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
I didn't about 18 track days on mine, had no issues. They still looked good when I pulled them off.

The main issue of concern is the proximity to the clutch line, I suggest adding extra insulation to the clutch line to help protect it. You can also use some header wrap tape on the Berk's to reduce heat radiation at that point.
I've had my high flow cats (ERZ Performance, but no heat shields) on the car for 20k miles and I've done about 15 track days and innumerable autocrosses with them in some very hot weather. Aside from putting RBF600 in my clutch, nothing else has been done to shield any heat. No clutch issues ever.