View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 07:10 PM   #27 (permalink)
Z chick
Base Member

Drives: 2012 370Z PW M6
Z chick is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
I dont see why you couldnt use soap and water on them if you want to let them air dry. What is wrong with your month old discs that they dont look brand new right now? I only wax a couple to few times a year but keep a coat of detailer on it every wash.
Nothing's wrong with the brake discs; they are just really dirty and I want to see them shiny and new again. The dirt on the discs is much more stubborn to get off; any suggestions? What's the difference between a coat of wax and a coat of detailer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattP725 View Post
First off, all female Z owners are required to post pictures of themselves (with the cars I guess if you really want)...
....Use some Mequiars Hot Rims (or Wheels can't remember) wheel cleaner... that will help shine up the wheels and calipers.

I have a foam gun that I bought off Amazon for somewhere around $40 that works wonders.
Good luck and please wash it more than once a month like the rest of us maniacs... I do it every weekend.
Thanks for the tips and product recommendations! Pics will come soon, I keep promising the peeps, but I've been too lazy to resize my photos so that they're not HUGE. Washing every weekend....? Bravo, bro. I don't think I can be that dedicated. Took me 2 hours to wash last weekend, and I can see myself doing it once a month in the summer months and less often in the winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370Z Purist View Post
First wash on the Z wasn't as all out as kenchan, although it was pretty close.

Didn't clay as the car had been in a warehouse for all of three days off a truck. Washed with Meguiar's Gold Class. Dried and waxed with Meguiar's Gold Class Liquid Wax. Did the tires with ArmorAll, and cleaned the wheels with a soft brush and Dawn. Wasn't much brake dust to speak of.
Thank you too! I also noticed that there are a tonne of different products to choose from. I chose a soap and wax in one. How do you think it compares to using soap and wax separately? I guess it's like shampoo + conditioner in one, isn't it? LOL