Thread: Idea for a mod
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 12:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
reunited
Base Member

Drives: 12 370 AT, sport
reunited is on a distinguished road

I simply wanted to know which suppliers are respected by forum users. I know that some suppliers, while always appreciated for their efforts in serving the z community, have not always been reliable, customer service oriented.

I wanted to buy a similar product and after several hours of googling came to the conclusion that the product does not exist. Sort of similar products exist for the 'vette which realize the functional benefits but not the appearance benefits.

Why not just state the idea? Several reasons:

1. There are different ways this could be done ranging from quick and dirty to the way it should be done. I state the idea here and I've lost control over how it should be done.
2. I want/need lots of things to keep my mind occupied. Doing the mechanical drawings, approving first articles and the like for me is not work, its fun. If I state the idea, there's a good chance I won't be involved and thus no fun.
3. I like the sense of accomplishment that comes from getting the idea to instantiating the idea in actual materials. Just getting the idea doesn't do it for me.

Hey, this is not a cure for cancer (unfortunately). Its just a neat idea that easily and with a sense of style actually solves a minor problem and enhances the z's interior.

My guess is that you would slap your forehead and ask yourself why didn't I think of that. But the devil is in the details to do it really well. And that's the "special sauce" that I've spent a fair amount of time thinking about.

The question is still open: Who's a good vendor/supplier?