View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 11:13 PM   #74 (permalink)
ZMan8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 10 370z 40th M6
ZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370Z Purist View Post
2009, 12K miles. Suddenly became incapable of shifting into gear. Had problems when cold started, after being driven, and also after being stopped, while warm. Bringing into the dealer today, likely towed in. Hearing about how the OE CSC is trash, will probably do a full swap. I can count how many launches I've done in the three years I've owned the car on a single hand. Hopefully they won't dismiss the clutch as being "too worn." Yes, just ignore the leaking fluid and say my clutch is too worn.

EDIT
Spoke to the dealership, who has first quoted me half an hour of labor for "inspection," whereupon they told me they cleverly deduced it was the clutch. Yes, the fact that the pedal has no pressure definitely points toward there being some kind of diff issue.

Quoted me 780 dollars just to drop the transmission. Seeing as my warranty just ran out last month, they're shafting me for repairs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bking View Post
This just happened to me today. Just got it towed to a dealership.
Which warranty will this be under? Powertrain?

I have an aftermarket catback exhaust on my Z now. Will it void the warranty?

Thanks.
I think they put it under general warranty (3 years/36k) because if it was under powertrain, 370Z Purist would be covered (5 years/60k). it's not a transmission failure, that's probably why.