View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 09:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
dmhenderson
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: AWD TT 370z
dmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to behold
Default Diminished value claim possibilities?

So on the fourth of July, I was ironically hit by a deer (and not the other way around). Sadly, the deer did not survive the impact but she managed to destroy my front left fender, door panel and ding my rear quarterpanel. The car is 3 months old.

Seems that Maryland *does* allow for diminished value auto claims and the various legal websites about seem to think that if my insurance is paying the claim (which it is), I possibly could ask for diminished value damages to the car...?

The insurance company has already ruled the deer strike as a non-"at fault" accident. Is it worth pursuing a diminished value claim? Various legal websites seem to think so but I don't want to waste time fighting with an insurance company that has been very good to me but if I'm entitled, I'd like to at least breach the subject with them.

I have zero at-fault accidents on my insurance and no claims at all in several years.

Anyone have any experience in this area? Apologies if this isn't posted in the right forum but I'm not sure where it belongs.

Last edited by dmhenderson; 07-09-2012 at 09:35 PM.
dmhenderson is offline   Reply With Quote