View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 04:44 PM   #26 (permalink)
MattP725
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 40th
MattP725 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac-mandan View Post
Contacted this seller Jmbeebe0722 thru the classified to buy a set of mats. I noticed he was a new member but the product looked good and he was able to text me pictures. We agreed upon the price for the item plus shipping so I mailed him out his check. I no sooner got back from the post office mailing his money and he texts me back that he wanted to cancel the sale as he found someone local. I stated I had already mailed his payment and he said okay. I good faith I tried to call him and he couldn't even return the call. Then I noticed that ther is a posting on the forum from another member boasting what a great set of mats he just purchased from guy.

Used extreme caution if you choose to deal with this guy as you are apt to send payment for an item and he will sell it to some one else. Now it will interesting to see if he returns my check.
Doesn't really sound like a scam as much as just hurt feelings. You didn't mention if the buyer was infact local to him. If you are worried about the check you should go to the bank and place a stop payment on it. There might be a fee but this is exactly why 99% of people on the forum use paypal if not buying something in person.

EDIT: The buyer was 11 miles away from the seller... sorry but I don't think that had malicious intent, just bad timing.

Last edited by MattP725; 07-09-2012 at 04:48 PM.
MattP725 is offline   Reply With Quote