View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 03:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
binary0x01
Track Member

Drives: 2012 6-SPEED 3.7L Z
binary0x01 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattP725 View Post
First off, all female Z owners are required to post pictures of themselves (with the cars I guess if you really want)...

Floormats can get wet, no problem... just make sure they are relatively dry before putting them back in the car to avoid any mold/mildew of the carpet.

The rotors will unfortunately not look brand new after some initial usage because you will have brake pad deposits and some oxidation in them which will worsen over time but you can use brake cleaner to help a bit. Problem is that brake cleaner is VERY corrosive and if you get it on the paint it could do damage. Use some Mequiars Hot Rims (or Wheels can't remember) wheel cleaner... that will help shine up the wheels and calipers.

Also make sure if you wash the car that you prerinse it very well to get off all the loose dirt you can... also use a lot of soap and constantly rinse your sponge to avoid running dirt across the paint.

I have a foam gun that I bought off Amazon for somewhere around $40 that works wonders.

Lastly make sure you dry the car with a clean microfiber cloth or else you will end up with water spots/scratches which will ruin your finish over time.

Good luck and please wash it more than once a month like the rest of us maniacs... I do it every weekend.

PS: My gf would probably punch me if she read this... but she doesn't visit 370z forums so I'm in the clear
binary0x01 is offline   Reply With Quote