View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 12:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
MattP725
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 40th
MattP725 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z chick View Post
It has now been one month since I picked up my new PW Z!! It's been a great first month, and I decided to celebrate it by giving her a wash and a bit of detailing.

Can you spray your all-weather Z floormats with water and use soap on them?
Is it possible to clean the brake disc to make it look brand new again?
How often do you wax?
First off, all female Z owners are required to post pictures of themselves (with the cars I guess if you really want)...

Floormats can get wet, no problem... just make sure they are relatively dry before putting them back in the car to avoid any mold/mildew of the carpet.

The rotors will unfortunately not look brand new after some initial usage because you will have brake pad deposits and some oxidation in them which will worsen over time but you can use brake cleaner to help a bit. Problem is that brake cleaner is VERY corrosive and if you get it on the paint it could do damage. Use some Mequiars Hot Rims (or Wheels can't remember) wheel cleaner... that will help shine up the wheels and calipers.

Also make sure if you wash the car that you prerinse it very well to get off all the loose dirt you can... also use a lot of soap and constantly rinse your sponge to avoid running dirt across the paint.

I have a foam gun that I bought off Amazon for somewhere around $40 that works wonders.

Lastly make sure you dry the car with a clean microfiber cloth or else you will end up with water spots/scratches which will ruin your finish over time.

Good luck and please wash it more than once a month like the rest of us maniacs... I do it every weekend.
MattP725 is offline   Reply With Quote