View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 11:44 AM   #16 (permalink)
370Z Purist
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z-T BS M6
370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
yep, i think it's your piston so fluid change will net you probably nothing... thus i think you should have the dealer replace the unit and bring her home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
The pedal sticks down if there isn't sufficient hydraulic pressure to return it. Definitely sounds like air in the system. Now the reason the air is there is because of 1 of 2 things, either the fluid boiled due to fluid contamination that lowered the boiling point, or air entered the system somewhere. The later seems unlikely at this point as if that were the case then fluid could also leak out the same place.

Just bleed it, takes all of 5-10 minutes. Takes more time getting the car jacked up to get access to the bleed screw.
Bleeding isn't a bad idea. If anything, worst case scenario would be guaranteed, so I might as well take half an hour and bleed with fresh, 10 dollar fluid than dismiss it immediately as CSC failure.

"Since one of my brake light bulbs just went out, the forum told me that my piston rings are about to blow."
370Z Purist is offline   Reply With Quote