View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 09:59 AM   #13 (permalink)
370Z Purist
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z-T BS M6
370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
The best stuff you can find right now at Autozone is Vavoline Synthetic brake fluid. It is actually pretty decent and cheap, has as dry boil point of 480F and a wet of 311F. I use it in all my non-track vehicles, I'm sure it is better than what is in there now.

I would also put the clutch spring back in, either stock or the lightweight one. You can have my lightweight one if you want, just pay shipping & handling.
I have since replaced the stock spring, which is kind of odd because the clutch pedal can't even fully actuate back to its unsprung position. I would actually like the lightweight spring, if your handling doesn't include a biochemical fuel charge for your food!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
oh ok... but i think the root cause is the piston failure... how much fluid is in your reserve?
But it does look like the piston could and likely would be causing this problem. Its most odd because the fluid reservoir shows no change in level (right below max). I would think if the CSC failed, that the fluid would drain/leak, but I'm showing no change, which also leads to me to think the CSC failed because the fluid isn't the issue.

"Since one of my brake light bulbs just went out, the forum told me that my piston rings are about to blow."
370Z Purist is offline   Reply With Quote