View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 07:55 AM   #96 (permalink)
'10Anamoly
Track Member

Drives: 2010 370Z BS M6
'10Anamoly is a glorious beacon of light'10Anamoly is a glorious beacon of light'10Anamoly is a glorious beacon of light'10Anamoly is a glorious beacon of light'10Anamoly is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Other than slightly different bends, I don't see how this design is that much better considering it still makes the same amount of gains. If it were truly a better design, not only would it be cheaper (not considering the tune), it would produce better power. Seeing as Stillen's primary market is Nissan, I don't see how you can necessarily surpass that kind of massive engineering manpower. Akuma is just entering the territory of the VQ.
First of all, it is not a real tune per se, but an adjustment to correct the fuel multiplier so that the engine will read correctly with the increased MAF housing diameter vs stock. My understanding is that there are no other air/fuel or spark adjustments. This is nice of them to provide though, although it is necessary as well.

I dont think the bends are a problem on the Stillen as it is quite straight before the MAF. The only "advantages" that have potential are the one piece design for looks and possibly a bit better airflow and the increase in piping diameter to 2.75" vs the Stillen diameter of 2.5".

However, we do not know how the diameter increase actually affects the overall power curve because we do not have a direct Stillen vs Akuma comparison with all other mods kept the same. This is why I mentioned a few times that we need that before people should shell out any money if they already have the Stillen Gen 3's.

Quote:
Our products have always spoken for themselves and for our price your getting better intakes designed and tuned by someone who is a professional.
Stillen has professional designers as well, although I do not doubt that Akuma does as well. Show us a dyno please with a direct Stillen Gen 3 vs Akuma 2.75" comparison to demonstrate the "better intakes" comment. If the Akuma intakes dont make more power, I dont see how they would be better other than aesthetics, which is a lot to spend $500 for. Nobody is bashing, we just need to see results vs your competition to buy into these at the price point they are selling for. The longer that people go without seeing evidence, the more they probably will think there is no supporting evidence. The same thing went for the Kinetix manifold for the 370Z which was never shown to have gains. Turns out, it did not make any gains, which is why Kinetix never provided dyno evidence to support their part.

374rwhp, 360rwtq SAE / GT500 Axle-Backs / Brembo Pack / Track Pack / Recaros / 6spd

Last edited by '10Anamoly; 07-09-2012 at 08:00 AM.