View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 07:40 AM   #8 (permalink)
370Z Purist
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z-T BS M6
370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
My bad, got the impression that your clutch was already aftermarket.

I think you are a good candidate for a clutch bleed if you want to try and get more life out of it. The clutch fluid does get pretty nasty. But if you're ready for the upgrade then there's no time like the present.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdoxp800 View Post
From what you are describing your CSC is not going out. This seems more like a fluid issue. Replace the fluid with Motul RBF-600. This should solve issue.
Tip:
Get a vacuum on the bleeder before you open the bleeder valve. This will keep any air from getting into the system.
Indeed, it sounds like a good alternative to a + $2000 dollar replacement right now. Since FI is far into the future, the present might be a great time...

It is sitting at a Nissan dealership, so I will find myself some good fluid and carefully supervise to ensure they actually use it. Maybe they won't charge me some exorbitant price for the service.

Also, now I'm going to feel very bad about this, but the car is over three years old and has not once seen a clutch fluid flush. Hopefully, this will alleviate the problem.

Are there any alternatives to RBF600? I'm trying to source the stuff locally but the longer the car sits, the more work I miss. I have a special circumstance, so don't worry about the whole work thing.

EDIT:

By the way, I just called the dealer and asked for how much it would be to bleed and flush the clutch fluid. 145 dollars. I laughed in their face and they hung up.

I'm also having a hell of a time trying to find some brake fluid that isn't some generic Autozone or Walmart crap. I know Nissan uses Motul fluids, but only for sponsored racing. The closest place is 45 minutes away and they're actually out of stock.

"Since one of my brake light bulbs just went out, the forum told me that my piston rings are about to blow."

Last edited by 370Z Purist; 07-09-2012 at 09:26 AM.
370Z Purist is offline   Reply With Quote