View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 07:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
370Z Purist
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z-T BS M6
370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
Nissan recommends that the CSC be replaced when the clutch is replaced, even with stock parts. They say it is something to do with contamination, but I think it is really just because the part is crappy. So much for "progress".

First thing, check the clutch fluid level. Consider bleeding the clutch line if there is no sign of fluid loss.

There is a chance that it is covered under the drivetrain warranty, but with an aftermarket clutch they might fight you on that one since the CSC directly engages the clutch pressure plate and any sizing error can cause problems. Did this clutch require a CSC adapter ring for proper engagement?

If it does need replacement I think the Z-speed is your best choice.
I'm going aftermarket for a few reasons. I don't want to pay the huge labor charge pf dropping the transmission just to replace the CSC, and there's always the risk they'll tell me it's not covered. There's also the risk of the flimsy, plastic CSC failing again very soon afterwards. There's not a single sign of air in the clutch, since the fluid level is just below max (cold) and has never been touched, to my knowledge, since the car was bought. I am all stock right now, save for an axleback. The clutch pedal has also been extremely spongy for the several times I've depressed it over the course of a day. This is me considering going aftermarket clutch, flywheel, and CSC because I eventually want a twin turbo setup.

"Since one of my brake light bulbs just went out, the forum told me that my piston rings are about to blow."

Last edited by 370Z Purist; 07-09-2012 at 07:26 AM.
370Z Purist is offline   Reply With Quote