View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 02:07 AM   #26 (permalink)
Z chick
Base Member

Drives: 2012 370Z PW M6
Z chick is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelidat View Post
Did you chew her out and let her know what an idiot she was? The problem with the Asian drivers who suck (I am Asian, BTW) is that they have no awareness of anything outside of their car since they are completely self centered and inconsiderate. Nothing else matters to them other than themselves. I have noticed that the Asians born here are better than the ones who are straight here from the mainland (China).
No, I didn't chew her out; just honked out of sheer reaction. I'm too much of a softie! Yeah, I agree with you about the Azns from mainland vs ones born in N.America. So, I'm Asian too, first generation born here but not raised here. Just so you know. But no worries, I didn't take offense to your comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafiax View Post
I understand exactly how you feel being asian and living in Richmond, I have been almost side scraped by ML/Q7/MDX/X6 so many times that it's just second nature to me nowadays. I think they need to make people with records of dangerous driving/accidents retake the license every year with the car they drive daily... so many drivers of SUVs don't even bother shoulder checking T_T
I once heard of an elder Asian lady waltzing in to get her drivers licence, not speaking any English, and brought a translator with her! She was so demanding and felt that she deserved to get her licence just like everybody else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelidat View Post
Makes me think of this local news: 13 young drivers caught racing luxury cars | British Columbia

This story pisses me off. Reckless spoiled brats endangering others. If I was rich I wouldn't spoil my kids (if I had any) because it just makes them into wuss-*** little douchebags. They'd be lucky if the Civic or Versa class car they get is new.
Makes me angry too. Very angry. But I also feel sorry for them. When parents give their children such expensive cars at a young age, it ruins them, you know? It's human nature that they will take things for granted, not work hard but expect lots, get cocky and irresponsible, and not understand the value of money/making money.

I had to work hard for everything, and when I finally bought my Z, it's my first car ever, and I bought it myself after completing school. Before that, I took the bus like everyone else. Nothing ever came easy for me, but I persevered through it. And so I can really appreciate things and be thankful for overcoming hardships.