View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 10:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
FricFrac
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 300ZX 280ZX 240
FricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to FricFrac
Default I just found a car I like much better than my 370Z!

.... my 370Z on the track! I just did my very first drivers training at Mission Raceway just outside of Vancouver, BC. I had no real idea of what the 370Z was capable of until one of the very skilled instructors took the car out turned of the SRM and VDC and hurled the 370Z and the two of us around the track. You know the first time you go on a roller coaster and you do the big drop from the top of the track and you aren't really in your seat anymore -its just the restraint holding you in? That's very similar to the feeling of hurling around the track in this car. We had four 25 minute track sessions and by the third one I was feeling pretty confident and having an absolute blast. If you have an oportunity to take your 370Z out on the track and do some driver training do not pass it up! This car was made to go fast and go fast around the corners - daily driving in this car truely is a shame - it doesn't even scratch the surface of its capability.

There were Porsches of every type including a Carrera GT which was amazing to see. A couple of Ferraris, Corvettes, an RX-8, Civics, two R8s, etc, etc. Everyone wanted to know about the 370Z and I can't even count all the people who came up and commented on the sound of the Stillen exhaust - it was a big hit - I just wished I had a chance to hear it myself from the track side.

All in all it was an absolute blast - I can't wait for the next time I can take it out to the track!