View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 01:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Scribe
Base Member

Drives: Touring-Sport-Manual
Scribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
^i wanted a bolt on one because i wanted to make life easier if i ever do decide on removing it and getting rid of the car.

i wanted a roll bar/harness bar for an area to mount harnesses for when i go onto the track. (which is probably the only reason this car is being driven nowadays)
originally i was thinking of turning the brace bar behind our seats into a harness point/area (like the amuse brace bar). but i later realize that it wasn't placed at a right position where it would protect me in case of an impact, since it was positioned under my shoulders in which if there's an impact it would pull me down and break my back. from what i remember it should always be 10 degrees above your shoulders so if there were to be an impact it would pull you back and hold you in rather than pull you back/hold you in and also pull you downwards.
but yeah i may be wrong, for i am not that wise when it comes to roll bars/cages.
Under your shoulders can be fine. The angle created by a harness from the shoulder to the mounting location is fine between 0 and -15 degrees (downward, not upward). Many people drive their cars on tracks without roll bars and you should consider what kind of speeds and danger of rolling you will actually encounter. I'm not saying you don't need one, I'm saying I don't know if you need one.

If you still want a roll bar. Your best bet is to find a shop that will make you one. I would go with a company that can make it with your car. You will likely have to remove the seats to install and uninstall and cut holes in some interior panels to allow the downtubes to reach the rear wheel wells, but that's not a big deal.

Best of luck.
Scribe is offline   Reply With Quote