View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 01:07 PM   #4422 (permalink)
cow
Lounge Moderator

Drives: Toyota Avalon
cow has a reputation beyond reputecow has a reputation beyond reputecow has a reputation beyond reputecow has a reputation beyond reputecow has a reputation beyond reputecow has a reputation beyond reputecow has a reputation beyond reputecow has a reputation beyond reputecow has a reputation beyond reputecow has a reputation beyond reputecow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelan View Post
Red, cow - I now wholeheartedly agree, I'm never getting jerseys with names of current players on them again. Unless it's to honor an already made legend like Del Piero or Henry.
Welcome to the bitter taste of acceptance.

I agree with everything you said about RVP. We thought we knew him, that he wouldn't "do us" like the others, but in the end, it shows how little we as fans know about our "heroes." Hopefully he can be cashed in & will never enjoy another season as great as the last one. He's about due for another injury anyway.

:::edit:::

Speaking of Del Piero, I still cannot believe Juventus let him go. If anyone deserves to be on a rolling contract until retirement, it's Alessandro Del Piero. He was one of the world's best strikers at the time & stuck with the club throughout their Serie B season & their subsequent relatively "meh" seasons. At least he went out on top as a Scudetto winner.

Last edited by cow; 07-05-2012 at 01:10 PM.
cow is offline   Reply With Quote