Thread: More Sidewayz!
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 03:00 PM   #75 (permalink)
VDC_OFF
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370Z M6
VDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to behold

This past Sunday I left Houston at about 3am to drift to Texas Motor Speedway to enter Lonestar Drift. I planned on the trip taking about 5 hours so I can get there at 8 for the drivers meeting but for some reason I got there an hour early and had time to eat some breakfast. Having never been there I was amazed at how big this place was. The stadium was humongous!! I guess I didnt learn from the last event that the drivers meeting doesnt start at 8 like they say it would so it seems like I got up early for nothing. Drivers meeting began about about 10 and Matt Powers was also there as a guest judge. They went over the confusing instructions of how to enter the track, where to drift and where to line up. This was no parking lot with cones that I was used to, this was a real track that is used for XDC drift events. I decided to sit out at first just to watch the others before i went out there. Here in the stands is where you get to hear the crowd act like ******** criticizing every bad driver as if they are drift kings themselves. Not really encouraging to get out there. One of my friends, Bryan, gave it a go in his white 350Z. As he attempted to drift around the first S turn he went off course a bit slamming the side of his rear wheel into a piece of track making it look like he broke his wheel and deploying his airbags. Yup I was now regretting this decision to enter this event. Another thing I regretted was not having time to take off my Top Secret carbon parts before leaving and not bringing any tools to do so. I then wasted about 30 minutes trying to talk myself out of this until I finally just said enough thinking about it, let get out there. Found someone with tools and took off my kit then went for it.

Driving out there was not as bad as I thought. I did go off course a few times but I was cautious enough to avoid the parts that deploy airbags. This track was really fun! Of course I had to not think about the haters out there and just attempt to have fun. My wife went along with me so we used this time as a mini vacation away from the kids. Plus she didn't get to ride along at the last event. Jenny lent me her GoPro so I was able to grab some videos of some of the runs. This really helped as I get to see all my mistakes to learn from for next time. Here is the video I took, enjoy my screw ups lol!

https://vimeo.com/45209324
VDC_OFF is offline   Reply With Quote