View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 01:53 PM   #706 (permalink)
ericzmyers
Base Member

Drives: 2011 Silver 370Z
ericzmyers is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon-fresh View Post
I'm seriously considering blacking out my front fangs. Looks like taping that area off is gonna be a real bitch, any tips?
i did mine by just taping where i wanted a clean line, a few interior spots and was careful with over spray. i didn't mask anything else.

aslo a piec of cardboard or a trash bag behind the fangs is a good idea to block the radiator. in order to get a good color match i had to spray over the entire area.

the small residual spray is easily removed with a microfiber cloth and windex or you could use goo gone as mentioned here previously. The product is easily removable so prep work is important but not such a PITA. it took me a while to get comfortable with knowing i can just peel it off if i don't like it....... I mean its like spray paint.... but it isn't

If you are gonna do allot of plasti dip work id recommend you get their thinner from the site. you can use it to repair sections also, rather than removing everything and re applying.

Last edited by ericzmyers; 07-04-2012 at 01:58 PM.
ericzmyers is offline   Reply With Quote